AM Server - Castle Hot Springs
Position Summary: To work within the framework of a quality
Food and Beverage service team. To serve food to our guests
in a personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a
positive dining experience. Impeccable grooming standards
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests' dining experience.
- No cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service, no gum chewing anytime.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Will be able to service a five-table station during typical service demand.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments and specific service.
- Will expediently take orders from guests and expedite as soon as prepared from kitchen.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing duties.
- Obtain own condiments, beverages, etc., after guests have finished, pre-bus table.
- Obtain completed check from micros and present to guest. Finalize check in system according to method of settlement.
- At the end of service, will polish glassware and appropriate silver for next service period.
- Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions. Will be responsible and held accountable for all unsigned checks and will report these to the manager.
- Determine gratuity distribution according to set departmental standards.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous food and beverage experience required.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere and guest experience.
- Good teamwork with fellow employees. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.