What Does it Mean to be a Part of the Castle Hot Springs Team? Our Team Members are empowered professionals who work together to deliver unrivaled experiences for our guests. Our culture revolves around our Team Members’ experience first and thrives on innovation, leadership, and ongoing development. Your success is our success!
Resort Summary: Our historic, hidden oasis, Castle Hot Springs, is seeking a Full-Time Aquatic Engineer to join our passionate team. Our 34-room resort is an all-inclusive experience for our guests, tucked away in the Bradshaw Mountains, giving our guests the opportunity to digitally detox. We offer a rejuvenating, unique experiences for our guests through our one-of-a-kind culinary and flavor farming operation, and mineral-rich hot springs that have been used to heal for hundreds of years.
What Are We Looking For? Our mission is “to curate one of a kind experiences by delivering gracious and intimate hospitality”.
We are looking for leaders to help us stay true to our mission and demonstrate the following values—
Community—Showing respect for each other and the environment.
Attentiveness—Being mindful of our surroundings and having attention to detail in our work and words.
Sustainability—Finding harmonious balance in everything we do.
Teamwork—Working together for the food of the company and in the best interests of our guests; We encourage collaboration and providing open and transparent communication.
Learning—We are an environment of continuous development and growth.
Empowerment—We have a “see something, do something” service culture.
Position Summary: The Aquatic Engineer is an hourly full-time staff position within the Property Operations department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel with a primary focus on water features. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Maintenance Engineer will respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the Property Operations department as directed by the Co- Director of Property Operations.
- The Aquatic Engineer will perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and some mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds, with a primary focus on water features.
- The Aquatic Engineer will assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- The Aquatic Engineer will need to work at least one overnight shift biweekly for deep cleaning and maintenance of the pool.
- The Aquatic Engineer will need to learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Property Operations department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, CMMS systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Aquatic Engineer will work frequently with electrical circuits, plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Aquatic Engineer will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Aquatic Engineer will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Property Operations.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- At least 2 years of experience in resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the Property Operations department is preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50+ lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’
Pay: $15 to $18/hour
Depending on experience.
Job Status: Full Time