Bell/Valet - Castle Hot Springs
Position Summary: The Bell Person is a key facilitator of the hotel guest’s arrival and departure experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests at the hotel.
- The ability to follow proper payroll procedures.
- The ability to review all materials concerning daily events, i.e., return guests, VIPs and function sheets.
- The ability to escort arriving guests to their room, handling their luggage with care and efficiency and presenting the in-room orientation.
- The ability to handle a guest room change request. (With the help of the Front Desk.)
- The ability to assist departing guests with luggage, transportation requirements, etc.
- The ability to store and retrieve guests’ luggage and belongings.
- The ability to page guests in public areas, answer telephones, deliver messages, packages, flowers, etc. to their guest rooms.
- The ability to run errands for guests and the front office staff.
- The ability to help maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the lobby, at the Concierge Desk, the front entrance and the luggage storage areas.
- The ability to call guests by their names and remember return guest's names.
- The ability to project an image of friendliness, professionalism and willingness to provide personalized services to guests.
- The ability to work closely with the Front Office, Valet Parking, Concierge and door staff.
- The ability to keep the Concierge and /or Front Desk/ Manager on Duty or Front Office Manager well-informed as to any guest problems, special requests, complaints, etc.
- The ability to maneuver luggage carts, heavy and awkward crates around the Hotel and Residences.
- The ability to report deficiencies noted in guest rooms and on guest floors to the appropriate dept
- The ability to respond properly in any Hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Bell Captain.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather