Cook II - Full Time Position @ Luxury Boutique Hotel
What Does it Mean to be a Part of the Castle Hot Springs Team?
Our Team Members are empowered professionals who work together to deliver unrivaled experiences for our guests. Our culture revolves around Team Member experience and thrives on innovation, leadership, and ongoing development. Your success is our success!
Tucked away in the Bradshaw Mountains, Castle Hot Springs is a 34-room luxury resort and culinary destination. Guests who visit our oasis enjoy inclusive food and non-alcoholic beverage prepared by an innovative culinary team, using many fresh ingredients farmed on property. Luxurious amenities and wellness-focused activities help guests disconnect and relax. We strive to offer the highest level of service and quality at all times.
What Are We Looking For?
Our mission is “to curate one of a kind experiences by delivering gracious and intimate hospitality”. We are looking for leaders to help us stay true to our mission and demonstrate the following values—
Community—Showing respect for each other and the environment.
Attentiveness—Being mindful of our surroundings and having attention to detail in our work and words.
Sustainability—Finding harmonious balance in everything we do.
Teamwork—Working together for the food of the company and in the best interests of our guests; We encourage collaboration and providing open and transparent communication.
Learning—We are an environment of continuous development and growth.
Empowerment—We have a “see something, do something” service culture.
Castle Hot Springs is a unique small luxury resort with the highest standards of quality and service. Hidden deep in the northern reaches of the Sonoran Desert, the resort is surrounded by rugged, sweeping terrain unlike anywhere else on earth.
Title: Cook II
Reports To: Executive Chef, Sous Chef
The Cook II position is responsible for consistent preparation, quality, serving of menu items, and the cleanliness and organization of assigned kitchen space(s). Directly responsible for entire kitchen operation in Chefs and Sous Chefs absence. Ensures all food preparation and presentation is to specifications established by Chef.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of all food preparation areas as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, efficient production in an advanced and supervisory capacity. Ensure that all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored. Responsible for compliance with Yavapai County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures, tracking, documentation, etc.)
- Completely responsible for food preparation department during Sous Chefs and Chefs absence. May be required to work long hours, long periods of standing in one area, and exposure to high temperatures.
- Consistent willingness to assist in wide scope of tasks, to be wherever and whenever necessary to help the team achieve timely, smooth, elite service and highest possible food-quality.
- Ensure that all stations are properly staffed. Must be able to carefully work on slippery surfaces, and maintain quality and composure while working under pressure.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train cooks.
- Willingness to collaborate and support other departments of the resort when the operation calls for it.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward equipment furnished by Castle Hot Springs.
- Always projects a positive attitude; embrace and supports Castle Hot Springs guidelines and procedures.
- Takes an active role in the preparation and service of the cuisine in the employee cafeteria.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by Chef or Sous Chef.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Extensive commercial kitchen experience or equivalent formal education.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast, and composed.
- Must have ability and drive to deliver quality food, quickly, efficiently, and while under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationships and always work in a very professional manner.
- Must have strong communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Black cook's jacket and apron, all to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy, polished black work shoes, to be provided by the employee.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess or be able to acquire a valid Yavapai County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
Job Status: Full Time