Director of Housekeeping- Castle Hot Springs
Position Summary: To manage the Housekeeping staff and operations to ensure cleanliness, safety, and aesthetic appeal of the hotel.
- To hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline, and terminate employees directly accountable to his/her position, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
- To coordinate with the Director of Guest Operations and the General Manager to establish and ensure hotel standards of cleanliness and esthetics for rooms and public areas.
- To develop and ensure efficient routine and emergency departmental procedures for the Housekeeping Department.
- To accept personal responsibility for the satisfactory condition of all VIP rooms prior to occupancy, including special attentions provided for repeat guests.
- To ensure that effected operating departments have accurate information regarding rooms, including status, condition, and maintenance needs.
- To establish and control inventory of departmental materials, including guest amenities, and administrative and cleaning supplies.
- To coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure the timely and professional completion of maintenance and repair work in guest rooms and public areas.
- To put out to bid, annually, all major vendor supplies needed for departmental operations.
- To prepare the annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the Director of Guest Operations with the assistance of the Controller.
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining the annual budget.
- To participate in Castel Hot Spring's EOC and MOD programs, and attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of Castle Hot Springs.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To ensure safe work practices of all Housekeeping staff, including proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
- To ensure departmental safety training for all new Housekeeping employees before they begin to work.
- To conduct regular departmental operations meetings, including monthly safety meetings.
- To ensure proper handling, storage, and labeling of all hazardous chemicals used by Housekeeping employees, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- 3 years minimum of management experience required.
- English fluency required.
- Spanish language ability helpful.
- Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances.
- Requires knowledge of current state and federal safety regulations.
- Experience in hotel industry accounting procedures, and labor and supply controls.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.