Groundskeeper/Landscaper - Full Time
Castle Hot Springs Resort is actively seeking experienced Landscapers to join the team at Castle Hot Springs located 40 miles north of Phoenix. Come work in a beautiful location in the Bradshaw Mountains.
Great pay, great people, paid training, great benefits, free uniforms, meal provided per shift, free housing offered for many positions. While Castle Hot Springs is a seasonal resort, this position is year round and full time.
Position Title: Groundskeeper/Landscaper
This position contributes to Castle Hot Springs’ success by maintaining the exterior landscaping spaces to ensure these areas present a clean and unique appearance for our resort guests. Tasks include but are not limited to lawn mowing, tree trimming, transplanting cactus and other flora, fertilizing, weeding, raking, and collecting trash, pool maintenance as well as, general maintenance of buildings and grounds, new installations and completion of maintenance requests as directed.
- Assists/performs minor set-ups for hotel meeting functions throughout the hotel and grounds
- Perform landscaping maintenance duties including, but not limited to, planting, transplanting, pruning, mowing, seeding, weeding and irrigating.
- Perform inspection of sprinkler system, make repairs and monitor plant or sod water needs.
- Perform necessary duties for the eradication of nuisance plant material by mechanical or chemical methods.
- The landscaper will perform other duties as requested by the Director of Property Operations.
- Assist in seasonal exterior decorating as necessary.
- Monitor property grounds to ensure a pleasant and unique appearance for our guests.
- Conduct walk through and visually assess the public space and guest room areas to ensure a safe and efficient landscaping operation.
- Inform the Engineering Director, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the landscaping needs.
- Maintain appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating requirements of the resort.
- Maintain organized system for the accurate handling of work orders.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing about 90 lbs.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions hot, cold or wet conditions.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Interpersonal skills such as team work and diversity relations.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, a positive demeanor, dependability and detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of all plants, shrubs, flowers, pests etc.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and guest complaints in a professional, courteous manner.
- Continually promote team work and superior guest satisfaction.
- Carry supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Train new grounds staff especially in areas of cactus and other flora maintenance and care.
Pay: $15 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time