Are you looking to elevate your hospitality career? Join our team at Castle Hot Springs Resort!
Hidden in the northern reaches of the Sonoran Desert, Castle Hot Springs Resort is surrounded by rugged, sweeping terrain unlike anywhere else on earth.
We offer great pay, great people, paid training, great benefits, free uniforms, meal provided per shift and summers off. Before applying for this position, we please ask that you do your due diligence to be cognizant of our exact location -- Employee Shuttle services are available.
Position Title: HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR
Reports To: HOUSEKEEPING DIRECTOR
Position Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor provides support to facilitate the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Director. This is a hands on position that is required to clean and turn rooms as necessary. This position must understand and respond to all guest requests in a timely and professional manner, maintain adequate staffing levels and provide training and support to housekeeping staff.
The ability to collect room status report sheets for assigned work areas and assign room to Housekeepers as needed.
- The ability to train housekeeping employees in order to achieve the standards of cleanliness in guest rooms.
- The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, when appropriate.
- The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
- The ability to inspect guest rooms, including vacant, occupied and check-out rooms, to insure the standards are being achieved by each employee.
- The ability to monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are sufficient supplies in the hallways, stairwells and guest room doors, tracks, linen closets and armoires are maintained according to standards.
- The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards established by the Director of Housekeeping and Castle Hot Springs.
- The ability to coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on inspections.
- The ability to handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
- The ability to maintain the upkeep of all bedspreads, draperies, carpet cleaning, sheers, bed skirts, and furniture refinishing.
- The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
- The ability to make sure storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect closets to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Knowledge of the tasks performed by the Housekeeping Attendants.
- Familiar with the employee handbook, training manual, and job descriptions of all AM/P.M. Housekeepers and House persons.
- Prior hotel experience required.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, squatting, walking, climbing stairs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time