Lead Server @ Luxury Inclusive Resort
What Does it Mean to be a Part of the Castle Hot Springs Team?
Our Team Members are empowered professionals who work together to deliver unrivaled experiences for our guests. Our culture revolves around Team Member experience and thrives on innovation, leadership, and ongoing development. Your success is our success!
Tucked away in the Bradshaw Mountains, Castle Hot Springs is a 34-room luxury resort and culinary destination. Guests who visit our oasis enjoy inclusive food and non-alcoholic beverage prepared by an innovative culinary team, using many fresh ingredients farmed on property. Luxurious amenities and wellness-focused activities help guests disconnect and relax. We strive to offer the highest level of service and quality at all times.
What Are We Looking For?
Our mission is “to curate one of a kind experiences by delivering gracious and intimate hospitality”. We are looking for leaders to help us stay true to our mission and demonstrate the following values—
Community—Showing respect for each other and the environment.
Attentiveness—Being mindful of our surroundings and having attention to detail in our work and words.
Sustainability—Finding harmonious balance in everything we do.
Teamwork—Working together for the food of the company and in the best interests of our guests; We encourage collaboration and providing open and transparent communication.
Learning—We are an environment of continuous development and growth.
Empowerment—We have a “see something, do something” service culture.
Position Title: Lead Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To serve food to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a positive dining experience. Demonstrate a leadership role to all other staff members. Be dedicated to our restaurant and the highest of standards. Maintain a positive outlook and lead by example.
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests' dining experience.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions. Provide training to server staff as needed and directed.
- Knowledge of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Will be able to service a five-table station during typical service demand.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Micros POS system and other check processing procedures for dining room service. Able to help other employees with their questions and process discounts while still maintaining their assigned section.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments, key descriptors and potential allergies.
- Able to accurately and efficiently take orders from guests and expedite as soon as prepared from kitchen (keep constant watch over “ticket times”).
- Able to communicate effectively with the kitchen line and management staff.
- Keep watch over all staff’s running side-work during shift. Check out staff member’s closing side-work with a “manager’s eye” (attention to the details, thoroughly completed).
- At the end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatware was polished and roll-ups completed for next service period.
- Check out service staff’s closing paperwork; check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriate information is filled out and signatures are obtained. Gratuities are correct. Currency is correctly counted and dropped.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
- Previous food and beverage experience required.
- Appropriate physical condition to lift moderate weight and remain on feet for long periods of time.
- A passion for delivering elite and genuine guest service.
- General knowledge of food, beer, wine & spirits.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest’s questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere.
- Ability to work well with management staff and with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess or obtain a valid Yavapai County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must complete County & State Liquor training.
Job Status: Full Time