Luxury Resort Massage Therapist/Attendant - Part-Time - Seasonal
Are you looking to elevate your hospitality career? Join our team at Castle Hot Springs Resort!
Hidden in the northern reaches of the Sonoran Desert, Castle Hot Springs Resort is surrounded by rugged, sweeping terrain unlike anywhere else on earth.
We offer great pay, great people, paid training, great benefits, free uniforms, meal provided per shift and summers off. Before applying for this position, we please ask that you do your due diligence to be cognizant of our exact location -- Employee Shuttle services are available. Therapists that are hired will be monetarily compensated above the average pay scale, plus incentives.
Castle Hot Springs is a unique small luxury resort with the highest standards of quality and service. This position contributes to the Castle Hot Springs Spa success by providing a consistently memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests. Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products. This position also provides general spa/hotel attendant duties.
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for members and guests and anticipate their needs.
- Personalize each body treatment to accommodate the individual needs of our guests. Interact appropriately with guest in conversation or simply presence.
- Must use guest name recognition whenever possible.
- Follow established protocol to provide consistent, excellent service.
- Must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of shift to prepare.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at The Castle Hot Springs Spa. Educate guests on resort activities and facilities.
- Provide product prescription sheet for all body treatments.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and restocking of your treatment room. This includes work station, the storage area, and other areas in guest view. Assist in helping with cleanliness throughout The Castle Hot Springs.
- Perform opening and closing responsibilities noted on massage therapist/massage cabana checklist.
- Maintain excellent communication between activity in the treatment rooms and receptionists. Provide accurate information to the receptionists regarding type and length of treatment provided to guests. Constantly review bookings for the day checking for booking errors, double bookings, special requests, etc.
- Assist resort guests with rescheduling or canceling as requested.
- Must successfully complete training in all Castle Hot Springs Spa body treatments within first 90 days.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout the Castle Hot Springs including the hot springs common areas and retail space
- Perform the full service; guest must be picked up on time and returned on time to ensure all appointments run on schedule.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Spa Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Must have certification in a least one (1) of the specialties offered at the Castle Hot Springs.
- Hot Stone Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Reiki Level II or III
- Table Thai Massage
- Motherhood/Pre Natal Massage
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must routinely meet deadlines, and be detailed oriented.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships flexibility with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest and member relations while living the Castle Hot Springs Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
Current Arizona State massage license.
Must have at least 1,000 hours of certified training/education.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of two (2) years massage therapy experience.
- Training or knowledge in Aromatherapy theory/philosophy is preferred.
Experience in a resort spa environment is a plus.
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal