Oasis Ambassador - Guest Services/Front Desk @ Luxury Boutique Hotel
What Does it Mean to be a Part of the Castle Hot Springs Team?
Our Team Members are empowered professionals who work together to deliver unrivaled experiences for our guests. Our culture revolves around our Team Members’ experience first and thrives on innovation, leadership, and ongoing development. Your success is our success!
Our historic, hidden oasis, Castle Hot Springs, is hiring full time, part time, and internship positions to join our passionate team. Our 34-room resort is an all-inclusive experience for our guests, tucked away in the Bradshaw Mountains, giving our guests the opportunity to digitally detox. We offer a rejuvenating, unique experiences for our guests through our one-of-a-kind culinary and flavor farming operation, and mineral-rich hot springs that have been used to heal for hundreds of years.
What Are We Looking For?
Our mission is “to curate one of a kind experiences by delivering gracious and intimate hospitality”. We are looking for leaders to help us stay true to our mission and demonstrate the following values—
Community—Showing respect for each other and the environment.
Attentiveness—Being mindful of our surroundings and having attention to detail in our work and words.
Sustainability—Finding harmonious balance in everything we do.
Teamwork—Working together for the food of the company and in the best interests of our guests; We encourage collaboration and providing open and transparent communication.
Learning—We are an environment of continuous development and growth.
Empowerment—We have a “see something, do something” service culture.
Castle Hot Springs is a unique small luxury resort with the highest standards of quality and service. Oasis Ambassadors help us deliver consistent and efficient service to our guests from start to finish. These empowered, motivated, flexible, and passionate hospitality professionals cover the responsibilities of all traditional Front Office and Guest Services departments.
Position Title: OASIS AMBASSADOR
Position Summary: The Oasis Ambassador is a key facilitator of the Resort guest’s arrival and departure experiences. The main focus of the position is to consistent and efficient service to our guests from start to finish. This position covers the responsibilities of a traditional hotel front desk and guests services departments.
- The ability to greet guests and escort them to their room.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings Resort guests and other Castle Hot Springs employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Resort guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Castle Hot Springs facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the Resort.
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the Resort from any location.
- The ability to make reservation and select and block Resort rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Resort guests with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to park guest vehicles in designated parking locations.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate professionally via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to handle Resort emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera Cloud, Micros, Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort or customer service front desk experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record to meet Resort insurance requirements.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, walking,
- Lifting through full range (50+ lbs.)
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time