Staff Accountant - Castle Hot Springs
Position Summary: This position is located at our Scottsdale Office location and will assist the Controller in performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines.
- Support the Controller in directing budget and cost controls, financial analysis and accounting procedures.
- Perform weekly and monthly duties such as balance sheet, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable collections and calculation of travel agent commissions.
- To follow all specified procedures to satisfactorily perform routine Accounts Payable tasks, including processing purchase orders; preparing documentation of checks for signature; handling and tracking invoices; maintaining and updating contract files; handling and tracking expense reports and travel advances; preparing 10th and 20th of the month check runs; generating outstanding check lists; balancing statements; and maintaining the vendor master.
- Coordinate group billing, complete credit checks, meet with group contacts, assemble group invoice to submit for payment by group.
- Daily updates to the cash position from the property Operating bank account including verification of credit card deposits.
- Daily reconciliation of 3rd party vendor accounts.
- Observe and spot check monthly physical food and beverage inventory counts.
- To respond in a professional and timely manner to vendor and departmental inquiries regarding payment status of invoices.
- To follow all specified procedures to accurately prepare month-end Accounts Payable accruals, and the reversal for the following month.
- To follow all specified procedures to accurately produce annual 1099’s.
- To prepare analytical reports and forecasts, as requested.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle checks and cash.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned by Controller.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities asked by the Controller.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and be familiar with P.M.S. and P.O.S. operations.
- Knowledge of Opera Cloud, Micros 3700, Outlook 365, and various Microsoft operating systems is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of departmental operations a must.
- Knowledge of business law, federal, state, local and use taxes, as well as Department of Labor regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Professional communication skills required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English
- Detail oriented.