Steward - Castle Hot Springs
Position Summary: Transport and clean cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipment’s for guests’ dining experience, also clean physical surroundings.
* Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly.
* Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
* Maintain dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
* Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
* De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
* Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
* Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
* Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
* Separate linen from other debris.
* Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
* Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
* Current Food Handler’s Card.
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
* Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
* Ability to work long hours standing in one area and around extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
* Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
* Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
* Detailed oriented.
* Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
* Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.